Monday, 13 July 2015

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. 

Actually it's kind of more of a splog. ("You know what a spudge is Owl? It's when your sponge gets all...")

It's a little sloppy, but I'm not going to apologize.  Same as I probably wouldn't apologize about the state of my house if you were to visit, unless maybe you actually tripped on stuff or had nowhere to sit.  It is what it is, and I'm not going to try and pretend to be perfect.  Ain't nobody got time for thatThis is real life.  Chances are I'm typing with a small child sat on my head, or with another one sleeping over one should while I carefully type with one finger and no glasses because reaching to get my glasses might wake the baby, and nobody wants that. 

So I don't do references either, mostly.  This is not an academic blog.  You've got internet, if you want to verify stuff you can use google. 

I'll do my best not to offend anybody, because I like people, and if you're reading this and I met you in real life I'd probably like you.  But I also won't make a habit of replying to comments, so please don't be offended if I don't.  It's either because I don't have time or because I forgot how to do it.  I'm not a real blogger. 

I don't know how this blog stuff works. I'm not going to promote my posts or anything.  My formatting is probably going to be dodgy and variable.  I just want to share ideas and spread understanding about what it's like to be wired up a little differently. 

I've never been quite what is usually called normal, though I guess I do a passable job of blending in, and I've got this little bundle of awesomeness who lives in my house and calls me "Mummy", and she has a combination of neurological conditions that is a little unusual and there's not much information floating around about how to deal with it, so I thought sharing our experiences might help someone. 
And also I want to encourage other people who might feel alone with stuff like this and who might be having a tough time.  Life is kind of hard for most people, in one way or another, you know?  So I talked to a couple of people who do blogging, and checked with my husband, and then asked my beautiful, big-hearted child if she would mind me sharing her story if it could help people understand children like her, and she said yes. 

So if you don't really like what I have to say, you can just close the browser window, but leave out the nasty comments, ok?

Or if maybe you don't agree with everything, but some things are useful to you, just take what works for you, and leave the rest. You know yourself and your own family best, and what works for one person might not be the right approach for another.  

I will definitely challenge certain ways of thinking, but you don't have to take it personally.  I can guarantee I am not writing this AT YOU. I challenge things not because I know everything, but because I think we need to be willing to question things in order to find the best way. 

So I hope you find some helpful stuff here.  Like Red Green always said, "We're all in this together."     


No comments:

Post a Comment